What you'll need:
Experience / Training / Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience of sales experience preferred
- 2+ years’ of pharmaceutical sales experience into healthcare practitioners’ offices, hospitals, surgical and/or medical facilities – a focus on women’s health strongly preferred
- Documented sales success
- Previous Women’s Health Care experience calling on OB/GYN’s strongly perferred
- A Scientific or Medical background perferred
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role
Metagenics is hiring for regionally based Strategic Account Managers and Strategic Medical Sales Representatives to call on women’s healthcare providers for our New England (Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire) territory. The primary responsibility of this position is to identify, prospect, close and grow the business of new channels of business.
This Strategic Account Manager focuses on providing resources to women with non-hormonal menopause symptom relief, and recurring women's health infections such as bacterial vaginosis, urinary tract infections, and yeast infections. This position will be responsible for working directly with the District Sales Manager, to create the strategies and tactics that will lead to success in these new territories.
What you'll do:
- Grow and develop new business in the field of Women’s Health in an assigned territory.
- Deliver a science-based message on Metagenics Women’s Health products to all decision-makers within a medical office.
- Be able to maneuver thru a medical office to gain access to all decision-makers in a medical practice with a high degree of professionalism.
- Establish current and new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to grow quickly and efficiently.
- Become efficient in business acumen by evaluating sales reports strategically to find where new and current businesses will grow.
- Build long term relationships with key customer(s) through honest, ethical behavior that is consistent with company values.
- Provide regular and frequent account performance reviews (inclusive of financials, forecast attainment).
- Apply knowledge and understanding of our products, programs and services to meet customer needs.
- Continuously learn relevant information regarding each channel of business and share critical information with team members and the executive team.
- Complete all administrative duties in a timely manner, and works within the specified budget.
- Attend company sponsored sales meetings and seminars as needed.
- Work as booth staff at appropriate trade shows.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You'll love this job if you’re:
- A strong communicator and collaborator and work effectively with all members of the organization, from individual contributors to top execs
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled
- You always maintain a friendly disposition — even (and especially) under pressure
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions
Physical requirements/working conditions:
- Uses personal vehicle to drive to multiple practitioners on a daily basis.
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
Mental and reasoning requirements:
- Uses critical thinking skills to work with documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Able to review quantitative and qualitative work and identify questionable items
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for data, services and information from internal or external customers with a wide range of personalities and demeanors
- Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historical data
- Able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.