Metagenics believes in helping people live happier, healthier lives by realizing their genetic potential. It’s why, when we defined Metagenics’ Mission, Values, and Vision, we started with our company’s own DNA. United by purpose and core values (Integrity, Authenticity, Respect, Diversity & Inclusion and Healthy & Happiness) the Metagenics’ team is dedicated to providing effective nutritional products and solutions, for healthcare professionals.
People Culture First:
At Metagenics, we believe the way we do business is as important as the business we do; that a company in the nourishment business should nourish its people, too. So, we incorporated healthy, sustainable care into every dimension of our culture. Our diverse and expansive team are a prime example of the power of a people-first approach. We know first-hand, when an organization prioritizes internal growth and fosters empathy, its people come together to set an example of what the world can become.
Metagenics is seeking a Principal Packaging Engineer to join our team! The Principal Packaging Engineer will be responsible for leading the identification, design, development, testing and execution of innovative new packaging solutions to improve the customer experience while maintaining and/or improving sustainability. Additional responsibilities include leading packaging sustainability and championing our sustainability reporting efforts, supporting cost reductions and manufacturing process improvements for existing packaging and. The individual will also have responsibility for their packaging projects to assure they meet quality, consumer and cost expectations while maintaining project schedule. This position will collaborate with Product Development, Marketing, Procurement, Planning, Manufacturing and Quality.
• Identify, develop, and commercialize innovative new package solutions to improve customer use experience and/or compliance across core and leader products/brands
• Oversee and manage regional and global packaging development process, including the creation of packaging strategy, new consumer friendly package designs, prototype development, and performance/reliability testing
• Mentor and develop “Specialist/Associate packaging” team member and provide project direction, prioritization and technical oversight to ensure successful implementation of packaging strategy in support of product leadership goals.
• Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions
• Work with Manufacturing to ensure that new packaging designs are optimized for manufacturability globally
• Develop and implement comprehensive package performance test plans internally or with external partners to ensure packaging exceeds customer expectations. Guide “Specialist/Associate packaging” team member in preparation and evaluation of samples for testing, and validation.
• Support PD Formulation and Quality team to ensure products are packaged consistent with shelf-life expectations and support any associated testing
• Identify and initiate qualifications on alternative packaging materials to facilitate cost savings or assurance of supply
• Identify and implement sustainable materials and/or solutions for new and existing packaging
• Lead packaging sustainability efforts and champion sustainability reporting
• Develop packaging specifications for internal manufacturing applications and for third party manufacturing that meet established requirements and process capabilities.
• Write new procedures and test methods, and assist in writing capital project justifications
• Engage in personal development through company sponsored and/or external training
• Participate in cross functional teams to drive improvement within the organization
• Travel to vendor and manufacturing locations in support of packaging project activities
You'll love this job if you're:
What you'll need:
Experience / Training / Education
• Leadership skills
• Knowledge of nutritional/food/pharma Industry
• Must be able to improvise, show good judgment, common sense, initiative and be proactive
• Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel, with the ability to learn new computer systems
• Good communication and organizational skills to all levels of management
Physical requirements/working conditions:
Mental and reasoning requirements:
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.