The Director, Digital Marketing is a multi-disciplinary role which will manage, oversee, and implement the overall digital marketing strategy for all Metagenics Brands This individual will be responsible for growing Metagenics’ brand awareness and driving traffic across paid and organic strategies delivering enhanced engagement and market leading conversion. The Director will play a leading role in developing the digital channel strategy, online product marketing, customer purchase experience, eCommerce, and customer/community engagement by blending both brand and performance marketing for the Metagenics portfolio.
This individual will be responsible for the digital data-based marketing efforts, lead generation and tracking, omni-channel campaign management, website management and optimization, and all social media activity. The Director, Digital Marketing will grow and scale the Metagenics Digital Ecosystem which includes Health Care Practitioner resellers and recommenders, consumers, and patients throughout all business units and channels by maximizing traffic, demand, engagement, conversion, and retention. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data-driven marketing strategy, an expert in CRM and marketing automation tactics, fluent in utilizing content marketing strategies to produce marketing qualified leads, experienced in website production, and knowledgeable in site optimization to improve organic page rank.
- Lead and drive all aspects of Digital Marketing and Ecommerce for NAM- Building brand awareness and relevancy, demand generation, boosting digital presence and social currency, social media programming, KOL/influencer management, agency oversight, content and asset creation
- Manage team to develop and execute ongoing launches and digital content marketing strategy, including landing page optimization, lead nurturing, and reporting
- Support omni-channel marketing campaigns by developing high-impact landing pages, producing associative ads for CPC, and defining, tracking, and reporting conversion metrics
- Drive a seamless customer purchase experience through the creation and execution of a cohesive brand, category, and product story orchestrated across our digital channels and touchpoints to drive demand, consideration, engagement, purchase
- Build and manage social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) including content, creative and paid media to drive demand and engagement
- Manage and build strong partnerships with internal relationships with commercial teams to manage communication calendar, customer feedback, and creative to support all channels.
- Manage external partner agency relationships and vendors to ensure work received is of high quality, on time, within budget, and meets requirements
- Own and continuously improve digital lead generation efforts, optimizing the marketing tech stack (CRM, Marketing Automation, Google Analytics) working with partners to improve usability, data cleanliness, and integrations.
- Identify insights through digital measurement and performance tools, to inform strategies
- Design A/B testing, improving digital funnels, and increasing conversion rate
- Manage and perform competitive intelligence to identify promotional activities based on first and third party data that fit the company’s strategy and positioning
- Direct strategies and strategically manage paid search, display, Social, Email, CRM and affiliate campaigns across channels and ensure program specific ROI goals and sales targets are being met – reporting on process to stakeholders
- Test, iterate, optimize and scale our performance marketing efforts across paid social, programmatic, SEO/SEM, content syndication, and affiliate marketing to generate demand and winning conversion levers across product merchandising, pricing, placement, and promotions
- Own the Digital Marketing Budget and P&L
- Manage the financial planning of digital marketing across channels, reforecasting sales targets and shifting spend to drive performance while adhering to budgets and goals
- Experienced with marketing analytics and measurement evaluation being able to turn evaluation into media spend optimization
- Develop and maintain reporting on all levels of data for ROI and KPI metrics
- Identify insights through digital measurements and performance tools to inform strategies
- Manage ongoing efforts to refine database segmentation strategies to drive more incremental sales and make the message more relevant to each customer
- Cultivate a collaborative, creative, motivating environment that values innovation and talent development
- Inspire and develop a high performing team working and gain buy in and partnership to achieve goals with cross functional teams
- Other projects as assigned
What you'll need:
- Four-year college degree in Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of data driven digital marketing experience, with a focus on leveraging and optimizing the full marketing technology stack, particularly CRM, ecommerce, managing large-scale, performance driven campaigns either agency or client side
- Significant experience with data management, especially as it pertains to segmented list cleansing (for lead nurturing) and CRM/Marketing Automation integrations
- Ability to design and execute on a multi-stage automated marketing campaign, with specific attention to optimization and reporting
- Track record of leading the build, launch, and management of websites in partnership with internal stakeholders and external agencies
- Exceptional content marketing experience from landing page creation, optimization and tracking to omni-channel campaign strategy and management
- Strong experience with CMS systems and high level of comfort working with front-end web updates
- Experience strategizing, designing, and executing A/B testing campaigns with the ability to manage and present report results
- Comfortable conducting metrics analysis, setting KPIs, and interpretation of goals and reporting on the results to senior leadership.
- Proven track record of leading both brand and performance marketing to drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement through digital, social, mobile, and emerging media channels
- Strong financial and analytical skills- facility with numbers and quick translation of analytics to implications to shape strategy
- A keen eye for copy and experience executing strategic storytelling is a must
- Hands on experience with a paid search management platforms and 3rd party ad serving tools a plus
- Thorough understanding of SEO principles, optimization, reporting and search analytics.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing analytics platforms and reporting tools, i.e., Google Analytics and user testing.
- Digital asset management, content management systems, marketing automation, and data management platforms
- Marketing performance measurement and attribution modeling
- Excellent project management skills
- Successful in collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus among internal and external stakeholders in an entrepreneurial, high-expectation environment is essential. Additionally, be able to confidently manage competing priorities while ensuring a high level of customer service to stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and deliver them on time, and on budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Consumer and customer insight driven
- Strong strategic thinking skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Forward-thinking and highly collaborative with a balance of left and right brain thinking (analytical and creative)
Physical requirements/working conditions:
- Sits at a computer station, meeting table or work desk for more than two-thirds of each day
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
Mental and reasoning requirements:
- Uses critical thinking skills to work with documents and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historical data
- Able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
Click here for Metagenics’ California Data Privacy Act Disclosure