The Medical Marketing Specialist works within the Medical Affairs team and will gain experience in literature research, medical writing, social media, recipe development, nutrient analysis, and education program development.
What you'll do:
- Conduct nutrient analysis on recipes, diet recall, etc., utilizing a dietary analysis software
- Assist in researching and writing nutrition, lifestyle medicine related articles, blogs, newsletters
- Create/develop/test recipes for various diets and health conditions
- Create meal plans for specific diets and conditions such as keto, vegetarian, paleo, etc.
- Create fun and informative messages for social media
- Assist in creating content for various lifestyle related programs
- Support in creating PowerPoint presentations on nutrients, health conditions, etc.
- Assist in finding references for various blogs, scientific presentations, etc.
You'll love this job if you're:
- A strong communicator and collaborator and work effectively with all members of the organization
- Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem solving skills are unparalleled
- You always maintain a friendly disposition — even (and especially) under pressure
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions
Experience / Training / Education
- Bachelor’s degree in health sciences, nutrition, Registered Dietitian or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years related work experience as a dietitian, medical writing, recipe analysis, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Basic and clinical nutritional sciences
- Basic understanding of nutraceuticals and functional medicine
- Some industry-based marketing and social media experience is desired
- Creativity in developing content based on research and/or consumer-facing messaging
- Some experience conducting literature research
- Ability to read and evaluate technical information
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent verbal , written communication, and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks/responsibilities and meet expected timelines
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time on detailed materials
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
- Sits at a computer station, meeting table or work desk for more than two-thirds of each day
- Stands and walks to other stations and departments throughout the day
- Uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment most of the day
- May stoop or crouch to access files or storage
- Requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses
- Hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and especially via the telephone
- Lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; lifts 25 pounds occasionally
- Exposed to noise levels typical of office environments
Mental and Reseasoning Requirements:
- Expert problem-solving and data-analysis skills
- Able to set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines
- Able to formulate appropriate responses to requests for data, services and information from internal or external customers with a wide range of personalities and demeanors
- Able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historical data
- Able to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities with a consistent sense of urgency
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.