Currently seeking a dynamic Packaging Buyer II, responsible for managing the print production process, procurement and project management for packaging and other company design projects.
Condition of employment requires knowledge and conformance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) as applicable to the position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with outsourced packaging contract manufactures and printers for quotes and allocation of orders
- Ability to value engineer projects for efficiency, quality and schedules
- Review soft copy and hardcopy proofs for accuracy, color, candidate must have the ability to interpret four color process to PMS colors
- Must be able to multi-task at a high level, maintain accurate documentation of projects throughout the process and through completion
- Knowledge of sourcing and qualify potential suppliers
- Prepare and evaluate samples/mockups for design evaluation, testing and validation
- Analyze and evaluate packaging and print quotes to ensure quality, capability and cost are acceptable.
- Align with contract packaging suppliers and printers regularly to maintain good relationships and keep both Metagenics and suppliers informed about demand forecasts, payment issues, process capability, delivery commitments, cost, product specifications, quality conformance, and performance reports.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Review color proofs, press proof and guide supplier on color corrections
- Assist with pre-flight quality checks on natives files as needed, ensuring artwork files are built according to quoted specifications
- Support short and long term procurement planning programs to assure adequate quantities of packaging and print materials are placed on order per MRP to meet actual requirements at the lowest total costs.
- Able to successfully work through ambiguity, strategy and business plan changes
- Issue POs and specification sheet with orders, track and monitor orders
- Work in tandem with the Accounts Payable to monitor the flow of supplier payments and to resolve any issues that arise.
- Maintain purchasing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for internal and external customers. Improve processes by simplifying, eliminating, or combining tasks and paperwork.
- Occasional out of state travel may be required for training, first article press-checks, supplier assessments, conferences, workshops and tradeshows
- Personally abide by and enforce ethical practice in all dealings with company suppliers
- Recommend improvements in the company's internal procedures when and if required
- Aggressively seek and recommend cost savings possibilities based upon new sources, substitutions, improved systems or new items
- Continue personal training and education through Metagenics workshops and training offered outside the company
- Maintain purchasing databases and files (P.O., File, Vendor listing, standard cost etc.).
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Contacts and Relationships
· All internal departments
- Material & Printing suppliers
- Potential Suppliers
- Specialty Design and Packaging Suppliers
- Contract Packaging Suppliers
Directly accountable to the Packaging Engineering Manager
- 3-5 years related experience/training/education
- 2 years college education preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial offset printing with HD flexo and digital preferred
- Color management, color values & color profiles
- Strong bindery knowledge and flexible film converting preferred
- Basic negotiation and strategizing skills
- Knowledgeable of various substrates: pressure sensitive film and flexible film, board stock and collateral substrates
- Knowledge of technical language used design, pre-press and printing industry
- Excellent project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail a must
- Good mathematical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, ERP business system and processes
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with internal and outside personnel at all levels
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.