ORANGE COUNTY AND SAN DIEGO -
Very limited overnight travel
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for hiring, training, developing, motivating and field managing the sales force within a designated sales district so as to make or exceed the monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals in harmony with the corporate objectives.
The DSM is responsible for making sure that each of their reps has all the knowledge, technical support, marketing materials and equipment they need to provide great customer service and achieve the monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
The DSM is responsible for analyzing the performance of every rep and territory to assure that all customers in each territory are receiving great customer service and growing according to the sales plan. If deficiencies in rep performance are discovered the DSM must institute a program to help the rep improve and if the rep does not respond and improve the DSM must take disciplinary action including termination if necessary.
The DSM assists in the creation of the annual sales plan, district sales forecast, sales department budget, district seminar plan, district Nutrition Master plan and district convention coverage plan.
The DSM is responsible to continually improve the work processes and systems used by themselves and the Representatives who report to them.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resource Management
- Lead by example in honesty, listening skills, organization, follow through, customer service, work ethic, positive mental attitude and other important aspects of professional behavior.
- Maintain a comprehensive rolling quarterly field management schedule and work with each rep at least six times a year.
- Maintain a rolling, quarterly training schedule for each rep designed to improve their product knowledge and sales skills and be sure that each rep is progressing in their knowledge and skills.
- Clearly and regularly communicate job description, sales plan, sales goals and expectations regarding their frequencies and competencies to each rep. A formal discussion of these key issues should be held at least once a quarter.
- Manages sales reps’ frequencies, competencies and territory management to achieve the sales rep and department’s sales goals.
- Clearly and continually communicate the mission, vision, corporate objectives and sales goals.
- Be enthusiastic, positive and motivated and build an enthusiastic, positive, motivated sales team.
- Hold staff accountable and employs mentoring, remedial or disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Discuss the career path for each salesperson and develop a professional development program for the rep to help them achieve their career goals.
- Fill all rep vacancies within 60 days or less.
- Actively promote staff competencies to the team by sharing praise with group and passing on credit for good work.
- Acts as a buffer to sales staff to provide them what they need to be successful while keeping them focused on achieving their goals.
- Is good listener and seeks to involve team members in decision making and gain input from them.
- Draws on the expertise of others to develop a well-rounded team
District Sales Results by Quarter
- The District Sales Manager’s primary responsibility is to make or exceed established sales goals every month, quarter and year.
Planning and Organization
- Maintains an organized calendar system to effectively manage all work and meet deadlines.
- Maintains a rolling quarterly field management schedule.
- Maintains a rolling quarterly rep training and education schedule.
- Sets clear priorities/manages work load effectively.
- Completes projects on time in a quality manner.
- Completes written sales rep correspondence and sales reports on time.
- Works in a planned, structured manner
Decision Making and Judgment
- Acts decisively with poor performers
- Creates effective POA to resolve poor performance
- Analyzes challenges and creates effective solutions
- Personally participates in implementing solutions
- Manages customer discount requests to ensure corporate profitability
- Achieves district sales goals
- Achieves territory frequency goals – presentations/day, orders/day, future appointments, NMC, new accounts
- Achieves district SMART objectives
- Properly manages district budget to control costs
- Systematically manages reps’ territory management skills
- Manage district’s accounts receivable
- Communicates the voice of the customer to upper management with recommended POA to enhance customer service
- Uses the Meta Improve System to analyze and improve work processes on a continuing basis
- Identifies the root causes of problems in the processes and determines best solutions to those problems
- Implements the solutions and ensures that all team members are fully trained and knowledgeable of the changes
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
Contacts and Relationships:
- Regional Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- VP of Sales
- Category Managers
- Customer Service
- Direct accountability to the VP of Sales and or Regional Sales Manager – Meta for the sales performance within a specified territory or region.
Qualifications and Guidelines:
- 4 year degree in business related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience in sales
- Complete line of company products
- Nutritional supplement industry
- Sales strategy and techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets
- Good presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to manage and motivate people
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- 30% Travel required
- Weekend availability
Metagenics, and its companies are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Metagenics takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.